The Club Development Group (CDG) was formed in November 2013 and held its first meeting in January 2014. It took over the swim21 accreditation review role from the previous swim21 panel but has a more extensive development role to support regional clubs.
This new group will support and assist clubs in their development needs. In addition to the Club Development Officer, the Regional Management Board has invested in two new positions, called Club Co-ordinators, to ensure that contact and visits can be made with clubs.
Birmingham, Coventry, Solilhull and Warwickshire:
Mobile: 07583 686816
Worcestershire, Herefordshire and Shropshire:
Mobile: 07800 647745
Staffordshire and the Black Country:
Mobile: 07792 994946
To ensure and support the effective development of ASA West Midland affiliated clubs in line with the principles of swim21 and Long Term Athlete Development.
To receive applications for swim21 accreditation from clubs within the West Midland Region and to approve those that meet the required standards, submitting them to the national swim21 panel for final approval.
To advise and support development programmes from the four counties within the West Midland Region and advise on funding applications where appropriate.
To oversee volunteer initiatives, programmes and training where appropriate. An example of this would be team manager training and the West Midland Young Volunteers Project, but this is not an exhaustive list.
The Regional Group will ensure its work meets the ASA club objectives of:
- increasing ASA membership through clubs
- building defined athlete pathways leading to an increased talent pool
- building a network of quality and sustainable clubs at the core of our talent pathway.
Aims and objectives:
- To ensure the development of effective pathways across all disciplines through clubs working together
- To identify and support development requirements for clubs
- To oversee development and funding programmes within the region
- To consider applications for swim21 accreditation in line with the criteria published by the ASA and make recommendations accordingly
- To recognise elements of good practice by clubs and promote these as such
- To meet any other objectives set by the Board as and when necessary.
Reporting and responsibilities:
The Chair will be responsible for coordinating the group to achieve its objectives.
The group will report into the ASA West Midland Regional Management Board by way of a progress report. The report will also report into the ASA national swim21 panel.
The ASA West Midland Regional Annual Council Meeting will elect a Chair for the group who will stand for a two-year period.
The group shall consist of a Chair and 8 other members - one from each of the affiliated counties in the region, one from each of the disciplines where possible, all of these shall have voting rights. The chair may co-opt technical experts if deemed necessary; these co-opted members will have no voting rights.
Meetings and minutes:
The group shall meet at least on a quarterly basis, in February, May, August/September and November. The meeting shall be held at least four weeks prior to the national swim21 panel.
Minutes of meetings are produced and will be placed on the website following approval:
Last Updated (Monday, 30 January 2017 14:02)